Me, a Designer
I am a designer of learning experiences.
For the past ten years, I have worked in the field of education as an educator, mentor, curriculum developer, and program director. I have engaged with more than 800 learners, from Primary to Higher Ed.
For me, learning experience design is a process where:
- Differences – of opinion, belief, and experience – are essential
- Innovation places human learners (and their diverse needs) at the heart of decision-making
- Guided inquiry allows learners to diverge and converge in their thinking
- Learning spaces are created for individual shifts in perspective
- Iteration is necessary because human beings, and therefore their learning experiences, are ever-evolving
I am committed to developing intentional approaches to equity and inclusion in education. Equity is in the design.
As a designer, I aim to develop understanding among people through media literacy, intercultural connections, creative thinking through arts and technology, and reflexive practice.
I am certain that well-designed learning experiences will allow us to transcend divisions, labels, and stereotypes, in order to improve quality of life for all.
Hubb (2012), acrylic on canvas
- Hubb is Arabic for Love